Facing the possibility of not having Internet access for a few days, a couple notes following up on the previous post:
1. Although my "small kick" came at the expense of the Here Comes Everybody interviewer, I didn't intend to "kick" him or her while he or she was down (besides, it's old news that I stumbled on). I was, probably, kicking some of the interviewees. HCE was in the Nobody blogroll for some time, and I checked out more than a few of the interviews. It was an idea with a hook, in the best sense; an experiment worth the time spent on it by whoever's brainchild it was.
2. It's not poets being academics that bothers me—which is in many ways the ideal situation for a poet today—but the way that the poetic culture is largely derived from the academic, and the way theoretical ideals get thrust onto/into the work(s) in a manner that doesn't seem to happen in other arts. In a society that's generally anti-academic for all the wrong reasons, this is a tough line to toe without putting more time into it—time which none of this talk is worth (see, I ain't even gonna fix the vague pronoun reference back there).
Monday, August 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment