Sunday, July 18, 2004

Intro

About a month or two ago I started a blog. I really hadn't been making it to the computer too much before that, and all I hoped to get out of it was a kind of push or prompt to write. The idea was that the public sense about it would help compel me to sit down and type some words, see what happens. The anonymity meant I was free to write whatever crap I wanted; the little editorial voice in my head could take a coffee break. At least I could let one eye/ear wander. Turned out it was helpful. It did get me back to doing some "serious" writing, none of it directly related to my posts. I liked that blogging gave me the phrase "scattered boot" and hope to use it in a real poem someday. Now, though, I think I'll try some more conventional blogging.

No comments: