Friday, September 28, 2007

Friday's Top Five

1. Drunken Boat
I'm stealing the format of this post from former frontman, current ironman poet, Todd Colby. I'm going to post soon on how I came across Drunken Boat in 1991; back then I thought they were going to be the next Sonic Youth—yes, that big! (and that good).
2. Sephyrus
What other candleshop website quotes Robert Creeley and Ezra Pound? And the candles are smokin'. Go Rachel!
3. Typo Magazine
Issue 10 is a little more uneven quality than is typical for this poezine, but it's still one of the best out there. The two highest points in this issue: Clayton Eshleman's essay "Wind from all Compass Points" and Tony Tost's pieces from Elephant & Obelisk.
4. Mike Tanier's Two Deep Zone
For a few years now over at Football Outsiders Mike Tanier has been cranking out the best football writing around, and some of the best sports writing period.
5. PostSecret
Mail art gone mainstream—what some might consider a guilty pleasure.

No comments: