Reorganized the sidebar, adding a section for webzines, such as Robert Kelly's Matter. For some reason, maybe because I'm a sucker for self-imposed constraints, I decided (way back when I started Nobody) that I would keep the blog roll and such lists maxed out at ten links. Besides, Spencer Selby's list of experimental poetry magazines and Ron Silliman's blog roll cover most of the bases.
* * *
Bad news of the day: Armed Robbers Steal Munch's "The Scream" in Oslo, as well as his hauntingly seductive "Madonna".
* * *
Top three jealousies of the week:
3. Eden Prairie Couple Claims Powerball Jackpot. I rarely ever play Powerball, or any lottery, but I always talk about winning it. Especially come Monday morning.
2. Moneymaker: How an Amateur Poker Player Turned $40 into $2.5 Million at the World Series of Poker. First he gets balls-out lucky at the 2003 WSP—okay, more power to him—but now, voilà, he's an author. God bless America.
(What's with all this money talk? Am I really that superficial? Um, apparently.)
1. Lisablog. The shout-outs, the world leaders of the day, the fall curriculum preview, the attitude, and hocking of hats and "asses of evil" T-shirts. If I had a blog, I would want it to be this funky and cool and free of bitterness.
* * *
Hey, score a point for democracy (sort of)! Nothing's a "gimme" these days. Federal Court Rules That Commission on Presidential Debates is a Partisan Organization.
* * *
For good measure, here's another poem by Robert Kelly, "Mapping". "I know where I am in the world by loudness alone."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment